Now that you know what nutrients are important – what do you do on a daily basis? Especially busy weekdays? Here’s a typical day in my life, to give you an idea of how I do things.
This day features breakfast taken on-the-go, lunch out in town, snack gleaned from a stop at the grocery store, and a quick-prep dinner made using leftovers.
Following a Plan vs. Improvising
When I lay out meal plans, all the details are organized so you don’t have to plan any of it yourself – and so you can save time by prepping food in advance for the week.
But if you like to improvise, the plan can serve as a base. To be honest, I don’t follow my own plans too closely. The meals in this video aren’t exactly as in my plans, because I had lunch out. It was a very similar lunch to something I would make, since I know what to put on my plate to get the nutrients I need.
Once you have that base nutritional knowledge, you can do what works for you, using the guidelines in the program.
Either way, the plans will show you exactly how to get all the nutrients you need as a vegan – the key 5 ones, as well as some others that aren’t usually emphasized enough in most peoples’ diets (like selenium, zinc, all the B vitamins, etc).
They always focus on:
- nutritionally-balanced days of vegan food;
- creative use of leftovers to save time;
- precise grocery lists to minimize waste;
- whole foods to maximize nutrition and minimize costs;
- tasty and fun recipes to make you actually want to eat healthful foods…
meal plan club
Done-for-you healthy vegan meal plans
Take the hassle out of “what am I going to eat?” and “what groceries do I need?”
Everything you need to get on track right now – so you’re never left wondering what to make.
- Complete 7-day vegan meal plans: recipes for every meal and snack so you’re never left wondering what to make at any given point.
- Grocery list: for each plan, so you know exactly what you need to get at the store for each weekly plan.
- Prep guide: to outline exactly what to prepare day-by-day, so you never feel unorganized or overwhelmed.