January Jump Start
31 days healthy + vegan + delicious
Let’s make January the month you get healthy eating sorted.
Not with a diet, but by building habits that turn into a lifestyle.
If you’re heading into the new year wanting to go vegan, eat healthier, or just give your regular routine a boost, join me for a nutritionally-balanced program this January. Designed to maximize nutrition without getting overwhelmed, we’ll ease into the month with one delicious recipe per day, then ramp up to a full daily meal plan, and a cleanse to naturally detox.
We’ll cover the nutrition basics you need to know to set up a balanced vegan plate, how to make healthy food taste amazing, delicious recipes that make it easy and fun, tips for cooking when it’s just you, or when you’re cooking for your not-so-health-focused family, and lots more.
Do something incredible for your health, our planet, and the animals this year.
Here’s how it works:
About your nutritionist:
Hey there! My name’s Heather. I’m a Certified Holistic Nutritionist, trained through the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition.
My goal is to help you get all the nutrition and energy you need when you go vegan. Because I want you to stick with it for the long term.
I know it can be overwhelming trying to learn and change everything at once, so we’re going to take it one step at a time. I’ve laid this out to as comprehensive as possible, without being too intense.
And we’re going to do it together. I’m super excited to show you how amazing this way life can be.
This program is for you if…
You want to go vegan, or just give it a try, but aren’t sure how to get the right nutrition or how to make meals that actually taste good…
Your doctor told you to go plant-based but you have no idea where to start…
You need some guidance to make your meal plans more balanced or structured…
You’ve gotten bored with your usual meals, and want some new and creative recipes to try…
You want to eat more plants to:
- Boost energy
- Lose weight
- Reduce inflammation
- Boost your immune system
- Recover faster between workouts
- Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes
- Have clearer skin
- Have less bloating, heartburn, and indigestion
Here’s the plan:
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Why eat plants? Burger+Fries Makeover
- Setting up your kitchen
- Everyday superhero foods
- Balanced vegan plate
- Progress, not perfection
- Calories + portions
- Protein from plants
- How much carbs?
- Good fats + omega 3
- How to get enough calcium + iron
- Is it ok to cook with oils?
- Cooking for one
- Mixed house
- Dealing with cravings + Healthy Treats
- Fun food night
- Cook for a friend
Here’s (some of) what we’ll eat:
- Baked Falafel Burgers + Sweet Potato Fries
- No-Bake Mayan Brownie Bites
- Parsley Pesto Pasta
- Peanut Stir Fry
- Curried Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
- Black Bean Taco Salad
- Cranberry Pear Salad + Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Red Pepper Hummus
- Banana Nut Smoothie
- Choc-Banana Quinoa
- Baked Veggie Burrito
- Grilled ALT
- Sesame-Ginger Macro Bowl
- Chocolate Protein Bars
- Black Bean Brownies
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich with Avo-Mayo
- Lentil Chili
- Creamy Orange-Ginger Cashew Dressing
- Kale Chips
- Curried Squash Soup
- Chai Chia Smoothie
- Avo-Aduki Salad
- Avo-Dressed Beet Salad
- Steamed Veggie Bowl with Ginger-Mint-Tahini Dressing
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Chocolate Squash Crisp
- Avocado-Lime Pasta
- Peanutty Pad Thai
- Blueberry Avocado Cheesecake
- Build Your Own Taco Night
- Curry Night
Some lovely notes about my meal plans:
“Invaluable! Not only the plan covers all nutritional needs and various food sources, but the recipes are so well put together that they are simple to make for the culinary challenged like me, yet they are creative and very delicious.”
“It has helped me to get all the ingredients together I need and to prepare great meals that taste good and a has a variety of different types of food. Without it I was eating haphazardly at random times of the day.”
“I have made so many of Heather’s recipes and they are delicious and easy to follow! If you keep healthy staples on hand, you can put together so many of her ideas and feel full, satisfied and quite pleased with yourself!”
“Your meal plans have given me a great deal of different formulas for a balanced menu throughout the week. What I love is that following these is a great way to reboot your nutritional goals and nutritional health when you slip up.”
- GeorgeOnt. Canada.
“Hey Heather, I think it’s only fair to let you know that your meal plans work. Beside the content which I find very satisfying and nutritionally sound, the way it is put together is what makes it all workable. It’s obvious; Your love and dedication to healthy living is what makes this possible! Thank you!”
- Kathy“I often am worn out at the end of the day, and cooking balanced, delicious, inspiring meals are out of the question…. Enter Heather!!!!! I am no longer fearful of planning my own often “un-balanced” meals, and she has taught our entire family so much! We all share in the preparation, depending on who gets home first. All we have to do is follow the pre-planned meals, or adjust to fit our needs. It couldn’t be simpler, and it’s brought us together as a family in a fun, easy, way. Thanks Heather, we love you!!!!!”