January Jump Start
31 days healthy + vegan + delicious
Let’s make January the month you get healthy eating sorted.
Not with a diet, but by building habits that turn into a lifestyle.
If you’re heading into the new year wanting to go vegan, eat healthier, or just give your regular routine a boost, join me for a nutritionally-balanced program this January. Designed to maximize nutrition without getting overwhelmed, we’ll ease into the month with one delicious recipe per day, then ramp up to a full daily meal plan, and a cleanse to naturally detox.
We’ll cover the nutrition basics you need to know to set up a balanced vegan plate, how to make healthy food taste amazing, delicious recipes that make it easy and fun, tips for cooking when it’s just you, or when you’re cooking for your not-so-health-focused family, and lots more.
Do something incredible for your health, our planet, and the animals this year.
Here’s how it works:
About your nutritionist:
Hey there! My name’s Heather. I’m a Certified Holistic Nutritionist, trained through the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition.
My goal is to help you get all the nutrition and energy you need when you go vegan. Because I want you to stick with it for the long term.
I know it can be overwhelming trying to learn and change everything at once, so we’re going to take it one step at a time. I’ve laid this out to as comprehensive as possible, without being too intense.
And we’re going to do it together. I’m super excited to show you how amazing this way life can be.
This program is for you if…
You want to go vegan, or just give it a try, but aren’t sure how to get the right nutrition or how to make meals that actually taste good…
Your doctor told you to go plant-based but you have no idea where to start…
You need some guidance to make your meal plans more balanced or structured…
You’ve gotten bored with your usual meals, and want some new and creative recipes to try…
You want to eat more plants to:
- Boost energy
- Lose weight
- Reduce inflammation
- Boost your immune system
- Recover faster between workouts
- Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes
- Have clearer skin
- Have less bloating, heartburn, and indigestion
Here’s the plan:
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Why eat plants? Burger+Fries Makeover
- Setting up your kitchen
- Everyday superhero foods
- Balanced vegan plate
- Progress, not perfection
- Calories + portions
- Protein from plants
- How much carbs?
- Good fats + omega 3
- How to get enough calcium + iron
- Is it ok to cook with oils?
- Cooking for one
- Mixed house
- Dealing with cravings + Healthy Treats
- Fun food night
- Cook for a friend
Here’s (some of) what we’ll eat:
- Baked Falafel Burgers + Sweet Potato Fries
- No-Bake Mayan Brownie Bites
- Parsley Pesto Pasta
- Peanut Stir Fry
- Curried Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
- Black Bean Taco Salad
- Cranberry Pear Salad + Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Red Pepper Hummus
- Banana Nut Smoothie
- Choc-Banana Quinoa
- Baked Veggie Burrito
- Grilled ALT
- Sesame-Ginger Macro Bowl
- Chocolate Protein Bars
- Black Bean Brownies
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich with Avo-Mayo
- Lentil Chili
- Creamy Orange-Ginger Cashew Dressing
- Kale Chips
- Curried Squash Soup
- Chai Chia Smoothie
- Avo-Aduki Salad
- Avo-Dressed Beet Salad
- Steamed Veggie Bowl with Ginger-Mint-Tahini Dressing
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Chocolate Squash Crisp
- Avocado-Lime Pasta
- Peanutty Pad Thai
- Blueberry Avocado Cheesecake
- Build Your Own Taco Night
- Curry Night
Some lovely notes about my meal plans:
- JackieTooele, UT
“I went in wanting to lose weight and after one month on the meal plan I am down 9lbs. Food tastes great and is pretty easy to make, just be sure you prep the night before… makes it so much easier. GREAT PLAN!”
- MarizRotterdam, The Netherlands“I like the approach Heather takes, it is normal, down to earth food, and seeing as she is a sporty lady herself, she knows what an active person needs. Recipes are very tasteful and easy to make, it’s easy to substitute an ingredient if you want to swap something. If you have questions or remarks, you get a reply really soon after emailing Heather, can only recommend!”
- MariaCincinnati OH“You have been such an motivating inspiration for me! I bought your 7 day meal plan 3, maybe even 4 years ago by now and it has been such a helpful resource that has given me more knowledge to be able to innovate and get culinarily creative with cooking like I did as a vegetarian and before that as a meat eater. I am so grateful that you followed your passion, took a big leap into what I know is your purpose in life, supporting people so they can feel amazing by honoring and nourishing their bodies with delicious nutrition.”
- Jacqueline“I am 61 years old. This summer my cholesterol was flagged at 245. The doctor advised me to go on a low fat diet. I didn’t want to start taking even more pills. I had wanted to change my eating for too many years. I started buying vegan books, but deciding where to start was overwhelming. Because of you, I feel I have successfully changed my eating for the better. After 3 weeks on your meal plan my cholesterol went down from 245 to 196, and after 4 months my cholesterol was 173. I haven’t had to take medication for acid reflux as well. My sister who is 59 is considering eating healthier now because of the changes she has seen in me. I don’t miss eating animal products. I feel good. I am very grateful for your work. I couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”
- Kathy“I often am worn out at the end of the day, and cooking balanced, delicious, inspiring meals are out of the question…. Enter Heather!!!!! I am no longer fearful of planning my own often “un-balanced” meals, and she has taught our entire family so much! We all share in the preparation, depending on who gets home first. All we have to do is follow the pre-planned meals, or adjust to fit our needs. It couldn’t be simpler, and it’s brought us together as a family in a fun, easy, way. Thanks Heather, we love you!!!!!”
- JDthe 37 year old trucker“I’m a truck driver who’s been unhealthy for the last 20 years! I’ve studied all kinds of healthy foods or programs, raw, vegan, Dr. Furhman just to name a few…I have to say that the meal plan I purchased from you made me feel the best cause you calculated all the natural daily recommended vitamins and nutrients. I love the fact that you use Maple syrup and peanut butter! Every programs reject peanuts just because it’s dangerous for the ones that are allergic to it but to me it’s a healthy food but moderately and even though it’s not a nut, it’s still the best tasting of all the nuts when it comes on recipes!”