When I was brainstorming recipes for my new college vegan cookbook, I thought back to what I was eating then – and it was pretty boring. My roommate had some fun ideas, though! She made nachos a LOT in single servings in our toaster oven. So this recipe was inspired by her 🙂
Thanks to everyone who voted here and on Facebook! This one was the overall winner, but not by much… we’ll have to save the granola bars for another time…
You can find lots more easy, healthy & affordable recipes in the College Vegan cookbook. Check it out here: College Vegan
Sliding Scale Black Bean Nachos
- 2 oz tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup black beans cooked drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 to mato diced
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- 1 green onion chopped
- - guacamole
- - sliced jalapeno peppers
- - vegan sour cream
- - grated vegan cheese
- - salsa
- - cheese sauce from mac & cheeze
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay the tortilla chips on a baking sheet.
- Toss the black beans with the olive oil, chili powder, and salt. Sprinkle the beans over the chips. Top with the tomato, green onion, jalapeno, and cheese (if using).
- Put in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the chips are slightly browned around the edges and the cheese is melted.
- Enjoy your nachos, along with any extra toppings you like.