Stovetop cinnamon apples are so much faster than baked, so you can have them ready in a snap. Bring your standard breakfast up a notch, or get a fun Sunday brunch together super-quick.
Perfect served in so many ways:
- topping for oatmeal or muesli, along with chopped walnuts
- non-dairy yogurt topped with apples and granola
- topping for french toast or pancakes (vegan versions of course)
- piled on plain toast (or grill bread in a pan with coconut oil and cinnamon… yummers…)
The sugar-cinnamon-lemon combo is truly spectacular, if you’ve not tried it before you really need to give it a shot. It’s a magical flavor sensation.
(Ottawa natives will know this flavor from my inspiration: Kilaloe Sunrise BeaverTails – which are vegan if you ask to hold the butter! This is a healthified version, using the flavor for cinnamon apples. Non-Ottawa natives: BeaverTails are a flat pastry, not an actual beaver’s tail…)
Easy & Quick Stovetop Cinnamon Apples
- 1 apple chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar or other unrefined sweetener
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 wedge fresh lemon squeezed
- Toss the chopped apple with the coconut sugar and cinnamon, and put in a small baking dish in an oven heated to 350F for about 20 minutes, or until softened to your liking.
- Pull the apples from the oven, and drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Serve over oatmeal, toast, or non-dairy yogurt.