The best cookbooks for me are:
- vegan (of course)
- mostly whole foods
- super flavorful
- simple to put together
Luckily, there is now quite a collection of vegan cookbooks that fit the bill! Here’s a roundup of my favorites:Watch the video
- Plant-Powered Families, by Dreena Burton, which I find a perfect resource for fun and flavorful vegan recipes, even though I’m not cooking for kids!
- Let Them Eat Vegan!, by Dreena Burton. I honestly don’t know how Dreena has so many recipe ideas to have filled 5 books… this one is her 4th and remains a favorite of mine, filled with sticky notes marking the best recipes
- The Perfect Blend, by Tess Masters, is a beautiful mix of smoothies, main dishes, desserts and everything in between
- Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking, by Dana Shultz, is full of creative yet simple dishes – and amazing photography!
- Oh She Glows Everyday, by Angela Liddon, is full of quick and easy vegan recipes, with Angela’s focus on incredible flavor
- Vegan Pressure Cooking, by JL Fields, the woman who inspired me to finally buy the pressure cooker that changed my life… Seriously, it’s the best thing ever. She has a follow up, The Vegan Air Fryer, that I haven’t checked out yet but everyone is talking about.
- The Super Easy Vegan Slow Cooker Cookbook, by Toni Okamoto, is the showcase for what you can do with plants in a slow cooker. I’ve heard people say they’ll have to throw away their slow cooker if they go vegan – not true! This book will show you the way.
- The First Mess Cookbook, by Laura Wright, is a great way to get back in touch with seasonal cooking so you can always be in sync with what’s available at the store or farmer’s market
- The Make Ahead Vegan Cookbook, by Ginny Kay McMeans, shows you how to batch cook on a Sunday, and have meals for days!
And a couple that I’m REALLY looking forward to seeing as they’re released early next year:
- Power Plates, by Gena Hamshaw, who has tirelessly worked to bring you 100 one-dish meals that make for a nutritionally balanced vegan plate – and of course taste amazing
- hot for food Vegan Comfort Classics, by Lauren Toyota, which looks like an amazing collection of deliciousness
- The Edgy Veg Cookbook, by Candice Hutchings, is all about veganizing your favorite comfort food recipes, cause we don’t eat salads every day right? Already out now!
- How Not To Die Cookbook, by Dr. Michael Greger, will be amazing judging purely on his promo cooking vid on youtube – it’s actually already out, but I haven’t seen it yet!
What are YOUR faves?? Let me know below!
Amazon Associates Disclosure: Heather Nicholds is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
The Thug Cookbook, Eat Like You Give A F***k. Great recipes, instructions for newbies, all with a sense of humor (and swearing).
Hey Heather – thanks for the list. I’ve only seen the Gregor book.
Here’s my list:
*Anything by Isa Moskowitz and Terry Romero
* Straight Up Food
* The China Study Cookbook
* The Engine 2 Diet
* Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease
150 Vegan Favorites