Hope everyone is staying well!! I know this is such a tough time for so many people, in varying degrees of seriousness. I feel for everyone, and I’m sending lots of love and positive energy out into the ether for whoever needs it. And a big massive thank you to those of you out there keeping people healthy and the world running!
I had a video pre-filmed for you to post this week, but it felt weird to post it with things changing so quickly. So instead, I hosted a live video feed, and it was so nice to spend time with people and just chat about what we’ve been doing.
If you weren’t able to join, or you missed my social media notice, you can watch the feed here:
We’ve all heard the basic recommendations for hygiene – wash hands often, don’t touch your face, etc – and isolating – stay home, keep distance from others, etc.
Here are some tips for maintaining a strong immune system:
- Sleep a bit more – go to bed a bit earlier or sleep in a bit later
- Hydrate! Water, tea, infused water
- Take regular supplements, consider extra vitamin c, zinc, or other immune supplements
- Immune-boosting foods: orange/yellow (vit A + C), dark green (iron, folate + vit C), sunflower seeds & almonds (vit E), Brazil nuts (selenium), beans/lentils & pumpkin seeds (zinc), fresh garlic (anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, antioxidant)
- Exercise regularly – run/walk if you have a space without people, yoga/gym at home
- Lower stress – only watch news to your tolerance level
Here are some of my thoughts on things to do while we’re all isolating ourselves:
- call, voice message, or text message friends who you haven’t talked to in a while
- video call family or friends
- reach out if you need help or support
- do some meditation or yoga at home
- go for a walk/run if you have access to somewhere that’s easy to keep distance
- learn something new: languages (podcasts or Duolingo), cooking, baking bread, matcha whisking, hula hooping or roller skating moves, etc
- have a virtual games night or ladies’ wine night by video chat
- get into a good book
- catch up on podcasts
What other ideas have you had? Share them with us below!
Stay healthy and happy, friends…