This chickpea salad sandwich recipe is a perfect lunch to take to work, along with an apple.
If you’re trying to lose weight, stop dieting and counting calories…
instead, make meals that are high in nutrient density and low in calorie density – like this chickpea salad sandwich!
You can give a slightly ocean-y flavor with mineral-dense sea vegetables if you prefer a tuna-like salad.
Watch through to the stats on what ONE DAY of eating vegan can do – and you might start to understand why I ditched meat/poutry/fish/eggs/dairy and never questioned it again…Watch how to make it
Chickpea Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1 Tbsp green onion or chives chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic optional, or 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard optional
- 1 tsp paprika optional
- 1 Tbsp dried nori kelp or other sea vegetable, chopped (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
- 8 slices whole grain bread or 4 pitas, wraps, or large lettuce leaves
- Lettuce, spinach or sprouts
- Sliced tomato
Puree the avocado mayo ingredients until smooth, adding more water if necessary for consistency.
Mash the chickpeas with a fork, potato masher or your hands. Mix in the rest of the chickpea salad ingredients.
Spread some of the chickpea salad onto a slice of bread, or into a pita or wrap. Top it with spinach, lettuce or sprouts. It's great as an open-face sandwich with a big leaf of lettuce instead of a 2nd slice of bread.
Put the sandwich in a baggie or container, and refrigerate until you eat it.