If you’re trying to lose weight, stop dieting and counting calories…
instead, make meals that are high in nutrient density and low in calorie density – like this chickpea salad sandwich!
Watch through the video below for stats on what ONE DAY of eating vegan can do – and you might start to understand why I ditched meat/poutry/fish/eggs/dairy and never questioned it again…
Chickpea Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1 Tbsp green onion or chives chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic optional, or 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard optional
- 1 tsp paprika optional
- 1 Tbsp dried nori kelp or other sea vegetable, chopped (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
- 8 slices whole grain bread or 4 pitas, wraps, or large lettuce leaves
- Lettuce, spinach or sprouts
- Sliced tomato
- Puree the avocado mayo ingredients until smooth, adding more water if necessary for consistency.
- Mash the chickpeas with a fork, potato masher or your hands. Mix in the rest of the chickpea salad ingredients.
- Spread some of the chickpea salad onto a slice of bread, or into a pita or wrap. Top it with spinach, lettuce or sprouts. It's great as an open-face sandwich with a big leaf of lettuce instead of a 2nd slice of bread.
- Put the sandwich in a baggie or container, and refrigerate until you eat it.