Creamy, filling, energizing, cleansing, supremely delicious…
All in one big beautiful bowl of bright sunny ginger coconut pumpkin soup for a cold wintry evening.
Ginger Coconut Pumpkin Soup
Creamy, filling, energizing, cleansing, supremely delicious... All in one big beautiful bowl of bright sunny soup for a cold wintry evening.
Servings: 3 bowls
- 4 cup pumpkin cubed and boiled
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger grated and juiced
- 3/4 cup coconut milk approx 1/2 a can
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley and/or mint or cilantro
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme optional
- pinch nutmeg optional
- sea salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp walnuts
- pinch cinnamon
- smaller pinch nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or 1 Tbsp water + 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- Take the skin off the pumpkin, cube it, and put in a pot of boiling water until soft.
- Put the rest of the soup ingredients in a blender. OR if you're going to use a hand blender, simply get these ingredients ready, and then add to the pot with the pumpkin once it's softened and drained.
- While the pumpkin finishes cooking, you can make the candied walnuts by putting a small pan on medium-high heat. Put the walnuts in the hot, dry pan, moving them all the time, until lightly toasted. Add the spices, then the syrup or water + sugar, and leave on the heat while stirring frequently until the water has evaporated and the sugar and spices are glazed onto the walnuts.
- Easy cleaning tip: Take the walnuts out of the pan once they're done, and then put the back on the heat and immediately deglaze with water.
- Puree the soup ingredients together, adjusting the seasonings and salt to your taste.
Tried this recipe?Tag me @HeatherNicholds so I can see!