These vegan sweet potato biscuits are a favorite in my family, there are never leftovers! The recipe was given to me by a friend a few years ago and although it wasn’t a vegan recipe originally, it has easily been adapted into one!
Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 1 small sweet potato
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup whole grain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- Bake the sweet potato at 350F for about 45 minutes until tender. Allow it to cool, then remove the pulp and mash. Measure out 1 cup. Combine the mashed sweet potato in bowl with half the coconut oil and all of the maple syrup.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the potato mixture and blend well with a fork.
- On a floured board, pat the mixture out into a 1/2 inch thick circle and cut into 1 inch rounds, or simply drop spoonfuls of dough. Put them onto greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet, then brush each with some of the melted coconut oil.
- Bake at 375F for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden on top. Serve hot.