This vegan apple cranberry chutney is really easy to make, and you can add it to any meal for a huge flavor boost. It stores beautifully in the fridge as well.
Try this chutney as a topping for a plate of roasted sweet potato, as a spread on a cracker (maybe with a little bit of almond butter), mixed with some brown rice and baked into some mushroom caps – the possibilities are endless!
Apple Cranberry Chutney
- 1 8 oz/223g package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 apple chopped
- 1 small piece ginger grated and squeezed for juice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom optional
- Put the ingredients in a pot, and bring to a low simmer. Leave this, covered, for 10 minutes or until the cranberries have popped open.
- If you want your chutney to be a jam-type consistency, boil for longer or add some ground flax seeds after you take it off the heat.
- Let the chutney cool, and then serve hot or chill.
Tried this recipe?Tag me @HeatherNicholds so I can see!