We’re making an avocado dressing recipe to toss with a delicious kale salad from my NEW book, The Plant-Based Diet Meal Plan.
I think you’re going to love it! I used a few techniques here to make kale more enjoyable. We massage it, we dress it with creamy delicious avocado dressing, we pair it with crunchy-sweet veg.
Win a Cuisinart Smart Stick or Food Processor!
Cuisinart Smart Stick: Enter on YouTube
So go round and enter all three! Note that they’re open to US shipping addresses only, so you either have to live in the States or have someone who could receive and hold it for you to pick up.
BIG THANK YOU to Cuisinart for making these giveaways happen, to celebrate my new book!
Creamy Avocado-Dressed Kale Salad
Avocado Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice + zest
- 1-2 tsp dried dill or 1 Tbsp fresh
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 green onion
- 1/4 cup water
Kale Salad Ingredients:
- 8 leaves kale
- 1/2 cup steamed green beans sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa millet or any other grain
- hummus optional
To make the dressing:
- Put the dressing ingredients in a small blender or food processor with about a quarter cup of water. Puree until smooth, then add water as necessary to get the consistency you're looking for in your dressing. Taste for seasoning, and adjust if you need to.
To make the salad:
- Chop the kale and massage with your hands to wilt, using a pinch of salt if you like.
- Toss the vegetables, kale and millet/quinoa in a large salad bowl with the avocado dressing and serve, topped with a scoop of hummus.