As (kind of) promised last week, here are the black bean quinoa sweet potato burgers of my dreams!! Sweet potato adds vitamins A & C, amazing flavor, and acts as a binder for these burgers.
I decided to season these with lime, cinnamon and fresh mint – but you could go in a few different directions with the base if you prefer.
Let me know what you do with them!
Black Bean Quinoa Sweet Potato Burgers
- 1 cup black beans cooked
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup sweet potato cooked
- 2 Tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced or pressed
- 1 lime zest, and juice of half the lime
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint or cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives chopped, or green onion
- Rinse and drain your cooked or canned beans. Cook your quinoa and sweet potato separately. Put all three in a bowl, and mash with a potato masher, or pulse together in a food processor a few times until chunky but sticking together.
- Add the onion, garlic to the bowl. Take the zest off the lime, using a zester, microplane or fine grater, and add to the bowl. Squeeze the juice from half the lime, and save the other half for something else. Add the cinnamond, chopped fresh mint and chives, and stir to combine.
- Form the mixture into burger patties, and heat a pan to medium-high. Add a drizzle of olive oil (unless you have a good ceramic non-stick pan) and place the burgers in the pan. Cook 5-7 minutes, then flip and cook another 5-7 minutes. Or if you prefer you can bake the burgers, they should take about 30-50 minutes at 350F.
- Serve on a bun with all the fixings, or on top of chopped greens or lettuce.
Vegan Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook
Whether you’re new to veganism, new to pressure cookers, or an old pro at both, I wrote this book to give you some easy and delicious options for quick & healthy weeknight meals. There are just 5 main ingredients, so you don’t need to be fussing with anything complicated. Using an electric pressure is easier than you might think, and can cut your cooking time in half.
Available to order as a paperback or Kindle ebook!Order the Book
Could you also mention the nutrition?