These gorgeous little vegan raspberry cheesecake squares are incredibly delicious – and they come from Tess Challis’ brand new cookbook, full of Vegan Mediterranean recipes.
The nutty flavor of the crust is a perfect balance with the tangy-sweet raspberries and creamy cheesecake.
It took me a long time, and several voice notes back and forth with Tess, to decide which recipe from the book to film and share with you. We debated the couscous-stuffed zucchini boats, rainbow wraps, pistachio baklava, and a few more…
But we landed on these delicious – and gorgeous!! – little cheesecake squares, topped with raspberries. I took Tess’ suggestion, and drizzled some fresh raspberry jam (which I’ll show you how I made in 2 minutes in the video) on first. It was absolutely spectacular!
Honestly, this book is packed with so many recipes I am dying to make. Something about Mediterranean cuisine feels like sunshine on a plate, and Tess has done a fantastic job capturing that essence in this book.
So, here’s your inspiration to try a non-dairy cheesecake for dessert tonight! My nephews voted it yummy.
Let us know what you think below!
Tess' Raspberry Cheesecake Squares
For the crust
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup packed pitted dates
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
For the filling
- 1 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews soaked for several hours in water (no need to soak if you're using a high-speed blender) and drained
- 1/2 cup agave nectar I used maple syrup
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sunflower or avocado oil
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries for topping
To make the crust
- In a food processor, blend the pistachios, dates, and salt until sticky and crumbly, but with a bit of texture remaining. If the mixture does not stick together, blend a bit longer or add a few more dates until it does. Press the dough firmly into the bottom of an 8-by-8-inch baking pan and place it in the freezer.
To make the filling
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, blend the cashews, agave, lemon juice, oil, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg until velvety smooth. Pour onto the crust and smooth out the top. Top with the raspberries (open-sides down) and refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours, or until firm. Cut into squares and serve.
Win a copy of the book!
After you make these vegan raspberry cheesecake squares and see how amazingly delicious they are, you can enter to win a copy of Tess’ new book, which is full of more spectacular vegan recipes for the Mediterranean diet!
Open to US residents (or mailing addresses) only. Contest closes Thursday September 26th at midnight Eastern.
These look delicious. I can’t wait to try them!
I would love to win the new Cookbook, Vegan Mediterranean!
I am eager to get more Plantbased foods into my diet! The recipe on the cover looks amazing! 🙂
My favorite is falafel of course, even better if it’s in a wrap with hummus and tons of other veggies.
I love lasagne. I made a vegan one for my son the other day, which he loved (phew!). Thanks for a super giveaway x