These fresh cranberry cookies are soft ones, more like a muffin top, and full of lovely zest and zing from fresh cranberries and orange. A perfect holiday cookie to have on hand for a healthier indulgence, so you can skip the super-sugary butter-filled ones floating around offices and parties.
This recipe is part of the December Warmth vegan cooking calendar. Download the calendar, and then follow along with one delicious vegan recipe per day. Or go with your own flow, and jump in whenever suits you.
Meals+ club members can get the recipe pack PDF + grocery lists for the month here.
Fresh Cranberry Cookies
These are soft cookies, more like a muffin top, and full of lovely zest and zing from fresh cranberries and orange. A perfect holiday cookie to have on hand for a healthier indulgence, so you can skip the super-sugary butter-filled ones floating around offices and parties.
Servings: 12 cookies
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil or vegan margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup unrefined sugar
- 1/2 orange zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1 cup whole grain flour use spelt or white whole wheat
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut oil, sugar, the orange zest and juice, and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir it in, until just combined. Chop the cranberries into small pieces, then fold them into the cookie batter.
- Scoop a spoonful of cookie batter onto the cookie sheet, spaced at least an inch apart. Press down, and then put in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly browned on the edges. Let them cool for 5-10 minutes before diving in.
Tried this recipe?Tag me @HeatherNicholds so I can see!