So – I’ve been working on it, and here it is! I love this one, because it’s a little more bread-like and not sticky like the really dense banana breads.
Also, it uses my favorite sweetener: maple syrup! I even got to enjoy some of the maple syrup my best friend’s husband made, and I was lucky enough to get a little bottle to take home with me.
Hope you enjoy this banana bread recipe as much as I did! My mom and nephews gave it a thumbs up, too. Let me know what you think down below.
Oil-Free Banana Bread
- 3 bananas
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup nut/seed butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unrefined sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain flour
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Add the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- If you want, you can mix in all of the dry ingredients up to the flour, and stir to combine. Then add the flour last, and mix gently until the batter is mixed together. Or, you could combine all the of dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, then mix them into the dry ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan, and put in the oven for 40-50 minutes (30-40 if you use a convection oven), or until a skewer comes out clean when pushed into the loaf, or until the top is slightly browned and the loaf is springy to the touch.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then loosen the sides and tip out of the pan. Slice, and serve.