This is a great recipe to zest up pasta with fresh mint, lime and avocado. It’s really simple and easy, but so tasty.
This is a recipe that I filmed quite a while ago and has been really popular ever since. I’ve refilmed it with a few tweaks, but goes to show some of the best recipes don’t get old.
People always leave comments on this recipe about how much they enjoy the flavors, and love putting avocado on top of pasta.
This is the kind of recipe that I would use in my quick prep meal plans, to show how to use bread and pasta for convenience, while creating a wonderfully healthy meal (rather than just starch).
Or, if you prefer, you can make this same dish with cooked whole grains (like quinoa or barley) or even some cooked spaghetti squash.
I love using fresh ingredients, like herbs and garlic, to liven things up. It’s especially helpful with whole grain pasta, which can taste a bit heavy sometimes.
Plus, those fresh ingredients are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals so you’re adding nutrition as well as flavor. Enjoy!
Avocado Lime Pasta
- 1 cup whole grain pasta whole wheat, quinoa, corn, etc
- 1/2 lime zested and juiced
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives or green onion chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- sprinkle nutritional yeast optional
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2-1 cup spinach collard greens, sprouts, or any leafy green
- 1/2 avocado
- Start a pot of lightly salted water boiling, and add the pasta once it gets to a full boil.
- If using spinach or collards, chop them up and put them on a plate or shallow bowl. Chop the mint and zest the lime.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it, then return it to the pot and add the seasonings and lime juice. Mash 1/4 of the avocado and toss with the pasta.
- Serve the pasta topped with sliced avocado, a sprinkle of sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and nutritional yeast. If using sprouts, place them on top rather than underneath.