Fresh parsley pesto is super flavorful, and also super nutrient-dense, full of iron, vitamin C, vitamin K, and zinc.
This recipe is part of the January Jump Start, where we’re pairing it with whole grain pasta and fresh cherry tomatoes for a simple but super-healthy dinner. We’re easing in to the new year this week with just one delicious+nutritious vegan recipe per day, and then will start a full meal plan on Sunday, so there’s still time if you want to join.
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 bunch fresh basil or spinach or arugula
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds or pistachios
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice
- pinch sea salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp tahini or olive oil, or 1/4 avocado
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- Cut off any tough stems from the parsley, put all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. You’ll need to scrape down the sides every so often to keep things combined.