We’re making this healthy burritos recipe from my NEW book, The Plant-Based Diet Meal Plan.
I asked last week for votes on which recipe to show you from the book, and this one won by a landslide! Good news for me, because the weather was cold and gross the day I made them and the warm, bakey goodness was exactly what I wanted… Hope you enjoy them!
Blackeyed Pea Burritos
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 tsp olive oil or water or veggie broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 zucchini chopped
- pinch sea salt to taste
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 14oz can blackeyed peas or 1 1/2 cups cooked
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup salsa optional
- 6 whole grain or corn tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Get out a large rectangular baking dish,
- In a large pan over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté the onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and sauté briefly. Add the zucchini to the pan and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. The pepper goes in next, then the tomato. Cook a minute or two.
- As soon as the tomato is warmed through, add the chili powder, drained peas and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Place some of the mix in the center of each tortilla, fold in the ends, and roll into a burrito.
- Place the burritos seam side down in a baking dish. Pour any vegetable juice from the pan on top. Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes.